Tests Representative of the Real World
A standard random test cannot accurately replicate real-world environments with dominant rotational components. While it is important to characterize these environments through testing, both the rotational and the random components of the real-world environment must be properly generated and analyzed.
The more accurate option is a combination of sine and random testing. A Sine on Random test can replicate dominant tones and orders as well as produce more consistent results.
How it works
The STAG test development procedure allows the user to analyze the order content of a waveform. Using that information the orders can be extracted and sine tone profiles that are easily accelerated can be generated. These accelerated sine tone profiles are then combined with the Fatigue Damage Spectrum analysis of the remaining random content. The STAG tool combined with FDS allows for the analysis, acceleration, and generation of a real-life test.
Analyze Order Content
- Automatically detect or manually choose your top orders
- Analyze the frequency ranges where sine tones are dominant
- Modify the sine tone profile
- Minimize the low amplitude content or concentrate on a particular peak
Narrow Band Center Frequency
“The processing time [for standard SoR test development] took up to 30+ hours to create a test profile. This method was computationally expensive and caused a long run time. Many times, there were input errors to the band tracking filters and the wrong order was extracted, or the same order was extracted twice requiring another processing run.
With the STAG tool, our team was able to develop sine tone profiles for the sinusoidal components and then export the random content to VibrationVIEW to employ FDS. The other commercially available package was expensive and time-consuming while STAG processed the data in a fraction of the time and with greater accuracy.”
Activate the Order Analysis license and access the tools to effectively analyze field data with dominant rotational or sinusoidal components. Quantify noise and vibration in rotating machinery with order analysis, the recently developed Sine Tracking Analysis and Generation (STAG), and more. Develop tests and analyze data with software tailored for rotational equipment.
- Short processing time
- Automated profile development
- Simplified process to reduce error
- Create detailed sine profile test segments based on order-tracked data
30 Seconds of Processing Time
Save time and reduce transposition errors by quickly importing the analyzed data from STAG to VibrationVIEW. Orders are extracted from the recording before the background time waveform is processed with FDS. This ensures that FDS accelerates random data, and not sinusoidal data.
Optional Export to VibrationVIEW
STAG can export a data file with the order content removed. This data can be analyzed and accelerated using the fatigue damage spectrum (FDS) tool in VibrationVIEW, which provides a test profile that exactly matches the shape of the recorded data.
- Parameters used to accelerate the Sine Tone Profiles in ObserVIEW are automatically copied over to the VibrationVIEW FDS Analysis parameters
- Create a random breakpoint table and accelerate based on the parameters defined
- Add in Kurtosion to create a random test with similar peak accelerations and peak distribution to the real world environment