Capture Test Profiles with the Excel App
Troubleshooting, Vibration Control
How many times have you been given a test profile as a table, printed in a standards document or test description? Probably more times than you can count.
Manually, you entered the profile numbers into a VibrationVIEW breakpoint table, then moved on to run the test. It’s not hard, simple actually, but it takes a few minutes and there is always the chance for error, especially if it’s a complicated profile with a long list of breakpoints.
Well, here is a quick hack to save some time and avoid data entry errors:
- Download the Excel app to your smartphone (its free).
- Open up the app, then take a picture of the printed test profile.
- Insert the picture into a spreadsheet .
- Move the spreadsheet to your PC.
- Copy and paste from the spreadsheet into your VibrationVIEW breakpoint table.