Option 1: Send to Vibration Research
- Vibration Research calibration puts your equipment through the most thorough evaluation in the industry
- Rigorous testing performed by our experienced engineers
- Our calibration plan delivers measurement confidence while supporting your business needs for a fixed and predictable cost of ownership.
- Since calibration is essential over the life of your equipment, plans are discounted when purchased with an active Upgrades & Support Agreement (USA) or if multiple units are calibrated at one time.
Vibration Research is accredited by A2LA to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1-1994. View our scope of accreditation
Option 2: Calibrate Yourself With VR Software
Perform calibration verification in your own lab using your own calibration instruments and Vibration Research’s Automated Calibration Verification (VR95-CALxx) software license. The Automated Calibration Verification software is written by Vibration Research to automate the verification process.
- Automated Calibration Verification software license
- Agilent/HP Digital Multimeter: 34401A, 34410A, 34411A, 34465A, 34461A, 34470A, 3458A
- BNC cables (Qty 5 )
- BNC T’s (Qty 4 )
- Differential Adapter cable (Assembly)
Instructions can also be found in your VibrationVIEW Manual.
- **** This is not required, but if you are using a Serial port to USB adapter we recommend using the 232USB9M adapter.
- The above items are all available for purchase through Vibration Research.
- The automated procedure provides data and pass/fail information along with a certificate and a final report.
- Go to our archived webinar page and click on the Calibration tab to view a calibration verification video.
Option 3: Perform Calibration Yourself
Create and run your own custom calibration procedure and documentation. Any factory support provided for your custom procedure will be billed at an hourly support rate.
Items needed to perform verification/calibration process yourself:
- Requires Agilent DMM 34401A, 34410A, 34461A, 34465A, 34470A & 3458A (see chart below for compatibility)
- 5 BNC cables and 4 BNC T’s
- 1 Differential Adapter cable
|Viable Version||All Versions||All Versions||2015.3+||2019.1+||2015.3+||2015.3+|
Some general things to note when connecting the DMM:
- You will need a version of the Agilent IO Library, and specifically the Connection Expert software to use the 34410 or newer through USB direct, or ethernet.
- If you are using serial communication with the 34401A, that you need to use a Null Modem cable.
- If you are using a serial to USB converter the brand and model is B+B Smartworx 232USB9M, drivers are included in a CD that comes with the hardware. Otherwise, they can be found here – We have seen issues with other brands and recommend only using the B+B Smartworx.